The Longview Police Department will strive to maintain core services and respond to calls for service during this period of COVID-19 pandemic. In order to comply with the Washington State Re-Opening Guidance, the following changes to our operations have been made:
- No more than 3 people are allowed in the LPD lobby at a time. We encourage the public to use our on-line payment service options or to pay by mail to limit the number of people in our lobby.
- Masks are required inside our facility. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- Fingerprinting will be done by appointment only. Click here to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting for concealed pistol licenses and click here to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting for employment background purposes. You will be provided with hand sanitizer prior to rolling your fingerprints and will be required to sanitize your hands.
- Online reporting by citizens is encouraged. Click here to file a police report.
- All ride-alongs and LPD volunteer programs are suspended until further notice.
- City of Longview residents can RENEW their concealed pistol licenses, click here for more information
- THANK YOU for your patience. Our goal is to provide with the service you are requesting while also following health and safety guidelines.
The mission of the Longview Police Department is to lead our community’s fight against crime and injustice, enforce the law impartially, preserve the peace and protect the rights of all.
The Longview Police Department will:
- Recognize our employees as our greatest asset, continually strive to enhance our skills and encourage dedication and participation
- Proactively work to reduce crime, disorder and the fear of crime
- Be consistent and professional in the manner in which we provide police service to our community and visitors
- Encourage employees to identify problems and participate in their solutions
- Be committed to building and maintaining ongoing partnerships in the community
The Administration team of the Longview Police Department will seek input and advice from employees before making critical decisions for the department and continually strive to enhance our skills and proactively work with the community to reduce crime, disorder, and the fear of crime.
The purpose of the Citizens' Police Academy is to develop citizen awareness and understanding of the role of law enforcement in our community and an opportunity for law enforcement to hear from you.
Access the online community crime map, where you can view information about crimes in your area.
Check out resources for crime prevention, including block watch, a home security checklist, and burglary prevention programs.
Explore our department units including Criminal Investigations, K9 officers, and the Patrol Division.
Recently, Longview Police Department made the tough decision to stop responding in person to some calls because the volume of calls was exceeding our ability to respond in a timely manner to higher priority calls for service. Read instructions for submitting an online police report for certain incidents.
Dig into services offered by the Longview Police Department and partner agencies, including auctions, fingerprinting, and obtaining copies of police reports.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Police Department, we have several opportunities available. Learn more about volunteering at the Satellite Office, or become an Alley Gator.