How do I report a concern or a complaint?

All concerns/complaints to the city must be done so in written or electronic form. In order to ensure that every concern is appropriately addressed and to protect complainants from possible reprisal, every complainant must provide a written or electronic statement regarding the nature of their complaint. Complainants must provide their contact information, but can indicate that they wish to remain anonymous/confidential. (If a case were to make its way to court, it is possible that a judge could require a complainant to be named if their testimony is pertinent to the case) If you have any questions or wish to file a concern/complaint, visit Ask Longview. You will find the Submit Request button at the bottom of that page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a concern or a complaint?
2. I noticed graffiti has shown up in our neighborhood. What should we do?
3. What are the regulations regarding tall grass and weeds?
4. My neighbor has a dog that barks throughout the night. Is there anything we can do?
5. Whose responsibility is it to maintain alleys?
6. What is the City’s position regarding accumulating junk and garbage on a property?
7. What is the process once the city issues a Notice for violations found on a property?
8. What is voluntary compliance and what is a Voluntary Compliance Agreement?
9. What if the negotiated dates in a Voluntary Compliance Agreement pass and the violation is not completed?
10. What are the rules regarding garage sales? Can my neighbor have them every weekend?
11. What is the position of the city with regards to inoperable vehicles?
12. All vehicles are required to be parked on an “approved parking surface.” What is considered an approved surface?
13. As summer approaches, what do I need to keep in mind if we want to purchase an above-ground swimming pool?
14. What are the requirements regarding address numbers?
15. Need more information?