Windows must be safeguarded to keep young children safe! Warm weather brings open windows that can prove dangerous for young children.
Children 5 and under are most likely to fall from windows. The reasons are numerous:
- warm weather brings open windows
- young children enjoy the view and fresh air
- screens do not hold against the weight of a child leaning against it
- small children do not understand the dangers of an open window
- small children are top-heavy due to the size of their head in relation to their body, and lose their balance easily
- furniture near windows allow children to get too close
How to Prevent Child Window Falls
These incidents are preventable. Window safety devices, which should not be confused with window security devices, are available, but not in every store. To be sure you find the right devices, check with the Stop At 4 web site at www.StopAt4.com to learn which devices serve as window safety devices.
Please watch this informative Child Window Fall Prevention video.