To minimize the health impacts of COVID-19 in our area, the City of Longview is closing some buildings and offices to the public. As of March 16, 2020, the following City of Longview facilities are closed: Please view the Declaration of Emergency signed by City Manager, Kurt Sacha
- Longview Public Library (open until 8:00 p.m. today and then closed indefinitely)
- Senior Center
- Mint Valley Racquet Complex
- All Recreation and Library programs have been cancelled.
While we are not closing public access to City Hall at this time, some departments will have limited services. We strongly encourage citizens to not visit our facilities and to practice the CDC recommendations on social distancing and other steps to prevent the spread of illness. The City is closely monitoring this situation and could enact different operational protocols for City Hall or other City facilities in the future.
Signs have been placed at various locations throughout City facilities to remind staff and the public about engaging in social distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The City is also urging City Hall customers to interact with services at City Hall remotely, if possible. This includes making appointments for service with Building & Planning (360.442.5086), paying utility bills online or through the mail, and calling/emailing for other services.
The City of Longview currently offers the following options for paying your utility bills:
- Pay by phone (credit/debit only): 877-349-8039
- Online, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (credit/debit only): https://egov.mylongview.com/
- By check using our payment drop boxes located in front of City Hall and on the Broadway Street median near the ballot drop box. Please remember to include payment stub.
- By U.S. Postal Service mail, include bill payment stub and mail to: City of Longview Utilities, PO Box 128, Longview, WA 98632
You can find more information about these services on our website at: https://www.mylongview.com/402/Utility-Payments
At this time, upcoming City Council workshops and meetings will still proceed as scheduled, although we are looking into viewing/participation technology alternatives.
The City will be updating this information regularly.
Cowlitz County Health Department Updates - http://www.co.cowlitz.wa.us/COVID-19
Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners and Renters Disaster Loan Assistance - https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela