HOME American Rescue Plan
The cities of Longview & Kelso have received a special allocation of the federal HOME Investment Partnership Program through the 2021 American Rescue Plan in the amount of $1,326,274. The cities cooperate as the Longview-Kelso HOME Consortium to receive federal housing grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). For more information on permitted severe weather shelters, please contact the Community Development department at 360-442-5087.
Opportunities to comment on the process to allocate the funds:
- Public Review and Comment Period on the draft HOME-ARP allocation Plan: August 8th, August 23rd, 2022.
- City of Longview Allocation Public Hearing: August 23, 2022, 6pm, Longview City Hall, 1525 Broadway St.
- Public Review and Comment Period on the updated draft HOME-ARP allocation Plan: September 6th- September 20th, 2022
- City of Kelso Allocation Public Hearing: September 20, 2022, Kelso City Hall, 203 S. Pacific.
1st Draft HOME-ARP Allocation Plan for Public Comment:
Written comments on the HOME-ARP program and projects can be directed to McAllister Kosar, Community Development, Longview City Hall, PO Box 128/1525 Broadway, Longview, Washington, 98632-7080 or e-mailed to email@example.com. Copies of the draft allocation plan, applications for funding and more information is available at: https://mylongview.box.com/v/CDBG-HOME-DOCFees or in person at Community Development Department, 1525 Broadway St, Longview, and on city council agendas at mylongview.com.
Notice of Request for Proposals
The City of Longview is currently seeking proposals from qualified nonprofit organizations for the following activities eligible under HOME-ARP:
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Supportive Services
- Acquisition and Development of Non-Congregate Shelter
- Acquisition and Development of Affordable Rental Housing
The goal of these activities is to provide stable, affordable housing in Longview & Kelso. Note that in addition to the limited eligible activities, projects must serve HOME-ARP eligible populations and follow all eligibility and selection rules contained in the HOME ARP guidance.
Selected proposals will be included in the City’s HOME-ARP allocation plan submission to HUD. Grant awards will be made, and funding will be available upon HUD approval of the Consortium’s allocation plan. Request For Proposals and Application:
The draft HOME-ARP allocation plan will be available for public review at the link above between August 8-August 23, 2022. Public Comments on the applications and draft allocation plan can be provided to the contact listed above, or in-person or virtually at the City of Longview public hearing August 23, 2022 starting at 6pm, or in-person at the City of Kelso public hearing, September 20, 2022 starting at 6pm.