To minimize the health impacts of COVID-19 in our area, the City of Longview is closing more buildings and offices to the public. As of Tuesday, March 24, 2020, the following City of Longview facilities will be closed:
- City Hall
- Longview Fire Department (still providing services, offices closed to public)
- Longview Police Department (still providing services, offices closed)
- Longview Public Library
- Senior Center
- Longview Recreation offices
- Sport fields
- Park restrooms (a few are open at Hemlock Playground area at Martin’s Dock.)
Finance / Utility Payments
Stay home, stay safe. We are asking customers to pay their utility bills over the phone, online, or in our designated drop boxes. If you are paying with cash, the City of Kelso is accepting CASH ONLY payments for your City of Longview utility bill through their drive-thru window at 203 S. Pacific in Kelso.
The City of Longview also offers the following options for paying your utility bills:
- Pay by phone (credit/debit only): 877-349-8039
- Online, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (credit/debit only): https://egov.mylongview.com/
- By check using our payment drop boxes located in front of City Hall and on the Broadway Street median near the ballot drop box. Please remember to include payment stub.
- By U.S. Postal Service mail, include bill payment stub and mail to: City of Longview Utilities, PO Box 128, Longview, WA 98632
- You can find more information about these services on our website at: https://www.mylongview.com/402/Utility-Payments
- Our utility billing department will be open for phone call inquiries only. If you have a question, please call 360.442.5099.
Permitting / Building & Planning / Engineering
For Building & Planning and Engineering, please call one of the following numbers:
- For building and electrical inspection requests: 360.442.5090
- For Building & Planning general questions: 360.442.5086
- For Engineering services: 360.442.5200
Longview Police Department
The Longview Police Department will strive to maintain core services and respond to calls for service during this period of COVID-19 pandemic. In order to focus on maintaining core services the following changes will be adopted effective immediately:
- There will be no public fingerprinting services.
- No public access to the LPD lobby. Payments can be made by mail.
- Officers are directed to utilize phone calls when appropriate to handle non-emergency calls for service.
- Online reporting by citizens is encouraged. Go to mylongview.com, file a police report
- All ride-along’s and LPD volunteers are suspended until further notice
Beginning August 3, 2020, fare collection on RiverCities Transit and RiverCities LIFT will resume, and regular Monday - Saturday service returns for the first time since March 30. Customers will have an opportunity to purchase passes at the Transit Center and Kelso City Hall starting July 27. Ridership has begun to increase since the initial government shutdown in late March. Reinstating regular service will allow passengers to spread out their essential trips during the less busy travel times between 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Front door boarding will also resume in August, and riders are encouraged to exit the rear door of the bus. Plexiglass doors were installed to protect operators and passengers at the front door where fares are collected. Additionally, vehicle loads have been reduced to allow no more than ten passengers on the bus to encourage social distancing while riding. Face coverings are required by state mandate with some exceptions.
The Transit Center lobby will re-open on July 27 at 8:00 a.m. Up to five (5) customers will be allowed into the lobby to access the Customer Service counter at a time, but lobby seating, and the restrooms will not be available until further notice.
RiverCities Transit remains committed to the health and safety of the community it serves while continuing to provide an essential service. Follow the RiverCities Transit Facebook page for the most recent updates and service alerts, or contact Customer Service at 360-442-5663 or email@example.com. Route schedules, maps, and fare information are available on the RiverCities website www.rctransit.org.