Permits & Inspections
Permit and inspection services are available as we continue to follow Governor Inslee's Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery. The Community and Economic Development Department and the Department of Public Works remain committed to development services on projects both large and small throughout the City. We are able to accept most applications/submittals by mail, courier delivery (FedEx/UPS), or via the "Utility Payments" dropbox in our main parking lot.
General Information - Community and Economic Development Department
Location: Longview City Hall
Street Address: City of Longview, Attn: Community Development 1525 BROADWAY ST, LONGVIEW, WA 98632 (use for UPS and FEDEX delivery)
Mailing Address: City of Longview, Attn: Community Development PO BOX 128, LONGVIEW, WA 98632 (use for USPS mailing)
Service Hours: Monday - Thursday from 7AM to 6PM (excluding holidays) - OUR OFFICE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND GOVERNOR'S DIRECTIVE
Contact us: 360-442-5086 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Services Provided: Permits (Electrical, Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, Fire/Life Safety); Land Use Planning, Zoning, Environmental; Inspections relating to development activity; Code Compliance; Longview's Solid Waste and Recycling Program
Plan and permit submittals that are not eligible for Online service are currently being accepted via mail/courier service delivery or via the "Utility Payments" dropbox located in the main City Hall parking lot.
Property Records Search by Address: Please click here to access this feature
Inspections can be requested by calling our 24-hour Inspection Line at 360-442-5090
Inspections are performed Monday-Thursday (except holidays) from 7AM to 5PM. Please call at least 1 day in advance, the cut-off time is 6AM to be scheduled for a same-day inspection. If you have an online account, you may also use our online scheduler.
When calling, make sure to leave the following information in your message:
- Permit number
- Project address
- Type of inspection being requested
- Date and time you are requesting the inspection be performed
- Your name and contact info
Applying for Permits Online
If your application requires plan review, you cannot submit your application or plans online at this time. Only "One Stop" permit types are eligible for online issuance at this time. Currently, we are only able to register Contractors for our online system. If you are a property owner, engineer, architect, or another representative attempting to apply for a permit online, you will need to submit via mail/courier service or by in-person drop off.
Contractors who need access to our online permit system: Email us at email@example.com!
Please provide the following information in your email:
- Your Washington State UBI
- Contractor’s license number(s)
- City of Longview Business License number
- The main contact for your organization and their email address
- Any other contacts you may want to apply for permits at your organization and their email addresses
Shortly after we input your data, you will receive an automatically generated email with instructions on how to create your password. You’ll have 24 hours before the link expires.
Visit app.communitycore.com to login once you are registered.
Some helpful tips for a successful online application:
- If applicable, ensure your Contractor’s License and City of Longview Business License are up to date
- Google Chrome is required to utilize CommunityConnect by Meritage Solutions
- Add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your "Safe Senders" list so emails are not blocked
- Helpful guide for applying for permits online: https://communitycore.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048937314-How-to-apply-for-a-permit-online
- Need help with using our online program? Click here to view our step-by-step guide.
Public Works Permits
The department of Public Works - Engineering division handles some types of permits which are not within private property borders. These permits include:
- Right-of-Way Permits
- Public Improvement Permits
- Special Event Permits
- Motor Vehicle Permits
- And more...
For more information on the permits that the Engineering Division offers, please visit their dedicated permits page.
To contact the Public Works Engineering Division, or to schedule a Right-of-Way permit inspection you are encouraged to call 360-442-5200