- File a Police Report
File a Police Report
Welcome to the Longview Police Department (LPD) Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 911.
Recently, LPD made the tough decision to stop responding in person to some calls because the volume of calls was exceeding our ability to respond in a timely manner to higher priority calls for service.
Incidents to Report Online
Effective March 1, 2017, the following incidents must be reported using the LPD Police Online Citizen Reporting System:
- Hit and run - unattended
- Identity theft
- Lost property
- Theft from vehicle
- Vandalism of a vehicle
The following are requirements to submit an online police report:
- The incident you wish to report is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Longview City limits.
- There are no known suspects.
- The incident did not occur on a State Freeway.
- You must have a valid email address.
If you meet the requirements, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up-blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions, please view our Online Citizen Police Report FAQs.
After Your Report
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words "Your online police report has been submitted," showing that your police report is complete
- Be given a police report case number
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records
All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted. Once your report is approved, a Longview case number and copy of the report will be emailed to you. Please be aware that filing a false police report is a crime.