License Types

General Business 

General business licenses are the most common, and applicants are encouraged to apply online via the Washington Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Services website.

  • Fee: $50

Specialty Business Licenses

Specialty city licenses are handled internally at Longview City Hall, and should not be applied for online. Specialty licenses may also require supplemental documentation prior to approval. The fee varies.

  • Admissions
  • Auction
  • Cabaret
  • Carnival
  • Circus
  • Fireworks Stand
  • Mobile Vendors
  • Pawnbrokers
  • Political Signs
  • Pool Tables
  • Second-Hand Sales
  • Skill Games
  • Taxi Companies and Transportation Network Companies

Temporary Business Licenses

Temporary licenses are ideal for businesses that operate seasonally or anticipate only having one short project during the calendar year. A temporary license is valid for 90 days. Application forms are generally reviewed and licenses issued within the same day at Longview City Hall. 

Temporary licenses are to be applied for internally at Longview City Hall at:
1525 Broadway Street
Longview, WA 98632

  • Fee: $50

Additional Information

Before any type of city specialty license application can be approved, businesses must have or obtain a Washington Master Business License, and provide their Unified Business Identification (UBI) Number.