The mission of the Longview Police Department is to lead our community’s fight against crime and injustice, enforce the law impartially, preserve the peace and protect the rights of all.
The Longview Police Department will:
- Recognize our employees as our greatest asset, continually strive to enhance our skills and encourage dedication and participation
- Proactively work to reduce crime, disorder and the fear of crime
- Be consistent and professional in the manner in which we provide police service to our community and visitors
- Encourage employees to identify problems and participate in their solutions
- Be committed to building and maintaining ongoing partnerships in the community
The Administration team of the Longview Police Department will seek input and advice from employees before making critical decisions for the department and continually strive to enhance our skills and proactively work with the community to reduce crime, disorder, and the fear of crime.
The purpose of the Citizens' Police Academy is to develop citizen awareness and understanding of the role of law enforcement in our community and an opportunity for law enforcement to hear from you.
Community Crime Map
Access the online community crime map, where you can view information about crimes in your area.
Check out resources for crime prevention, including block watch, a home security checklist, and burglary prevention programs.
Explore our department units including Criminal Investigations, K9 officers, and the Patrol Division.
File a Police Report
Recently, Longview Police Department made the tough decision to stop responding in person to some calls because the volume of calls was exceeding our ability to respond in a timely manner to higher priority calls for service. Read instructions for submitting an online police report for certain incidents.
Dig into services offered by the Longview Police Department and partner agencies, including auctions, fingerprinting, and obtaining copies of police reports.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Police Department, we have several opportunities available. Learn more about volunteering at the Satellite Office, or become an Alley Gator.
Tow Company RFP
Tow companies Request for Proposal