ADA Transition Plan & Compliance
The City of Longview will endeavor to ensure that no qualified disabled individual shall, solely on the basis of his or her disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any of its programs, services, or activities as provided by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). The City further ensures that every effort will be made to provide nondiscrimination in all of its programs and activities.
Any individual, group of individuals, or entity that believes they have been subjected to discrimination prohibited by nondiscrimination requirements may fill out an ADA Complaint Form (DOC).
A copy of this form can be obtained by sending a request to the ADA Coordinator. If you need additional assistance to access a complaint form, grievance procedure document or need to request these documents in a different format, please contact the City ADA coordinator for further assistance.
A Grievance Procedure under the American with Disabilities Act (PDF) is also provided for your viewing. It provides details on the process of reporting a grievance.
Completed ADA Complaint Forms may be sent to:
City of Longview
Attention: Rashelle Douglas, Risk & Safety Manager
P.O. Box 128
Longview, WA 98632
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding filing a complaint or the grievance procedure process, please email the City of Longview - ADA Coordinator, Rashelle Douglas via or call the office phone at 360-442-5024.
ADA Transition Plan
In the 2017 City of Longview Work Plan, the Human Resources Department was tasked with addressing an actionable item under the Addressing Quality of Place Issues initiative. As part of this work plan, the City Council made it a priority to accomplish the following:
- Complete a City of Longview transition plan base document.
- Transition plan stakeholders will complete applicable Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) self-assessments, integrating that work into transition plan project lists that address access to services, activities, buildings, and right-of-ways within the City of Longview.
- Create project lists by transition plan section, revising and updating on a periodic basis.
- By resolution, #2223, establish a City of Longview Accessibility Advisory Committee (CLAAC). This committee will operate under charter as approved by City Council. Committee deliverable tasks are identified in the City of Longview Accessibility Advisory Committee charter.
With the establishment of the City of Longview Accessibility Advisory Committee, this committee has been tasked with the following:
- Provide review and guidance to staff on Department of Justice requirements and general regulatory compliance as identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
- Assist the city, and its staff, on accessibility determinations to current services, activities, buildings, and right-of-ways.
- Assist the city, and its staff, in reviewing and advising on the prioritization of projects to improve city buildings, infrastructure, right-of-ways, parking, and new development accessibility.
- Assist the city, and its staff, in reviewing and advising on the prioritization of projects to improve accessibility to city services and activities. Those services include, but are not limited to, parks and recreation, RiverCities Transit, and other City of Longview provided services.
The Primary Role of the Committee
- Advise the city on issues related to accessibility. In this role, the committee will act as a sounding board for City staff. Committee members will provide input when City staff is soliciting specific feedback.
- Bring to city staff’s attention issues related to accessibility. In this role, the committee will bring issues that its members observe in the community and for which the City has jurisdiction and responsibility.
- Provide support to the city ADA Coordinator. In this role, the committee may be asked to advise the city ADA Coordinator, help prioritize projects, prepare letters of support, attend meetings, etc.
City of Longview Transition Plan Base Document is being provided as follows:
Transition Plan Project List (Section #1):
Transition Plan Project List (Section #2)
Transition Plan Project List (Section #3):
Transition Plan Project List (Section #4):
- Accessibility to City Parks, Recreational Infrastructure and Recreation Programming
- Self-Assessment (Section #4)
Transition Plan Project List (Section #5):
City of Longview Accessibility Advisory Committee charter is being provided as follows:
City of Longview Accessibility Advisory Committee: