- Human Resources
- Risk Management
Risk Management is responsible for the mitigation of accidental, business, and personnel losses through the management of the city Loss Control Program.
Loss Control Program
The Loss Control Program includes:
- Administer and manage property, automobile, liability and other related insurance programs.
- Identifying, measuring, analyzing and mitigating risks associated with city operations and department functions.
- Manage accidental losses and through the root cause analysis process. Develop strategies to mitigate, substitute or eliminate future risks associated with such losses.
- Provide insurance application and coordination of insurance premiums.
- Serves department managers by providing current best management practices to reduce liability and exposure in areas including but not limited to:
- Fleet and Facilities Management
- Parks and Recreation
- Human Resources
- Public Works
- Serves elected department representatives on the city Accident Prevention Committee and works with department managers and staff to meet work related regulatory and training requirements as required by the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Washington State Labor and Industries, Department of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Working with the city clerk, coordinate and manage all loss claims processing. Claims processing includes claims submitted against the city, and claims that the city has filed to recover costs associated with damage to public property or infrastructure.
Special Event Insurance Option
Under Longview Municipal Code (LMC) 7.40.080, insurance is required many types of special events. In meeting this requirement, the City of Longview offers the ability to purchase this insurance through a provider of the Washington Cities Insurance Authority. This insurance is provided under the Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP).
To obtain a quote and/or purchase special event insurance, please visit the Washington Insurance Policy website.
For loss claims information email the City Clerk, Kaylee Cody, or call 360-442-5041.