• Received a deed from the Longview Sandbaggers for the H&N Freemont Replica Squirrel Bridge.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 3382 accepting the gift of the H&N Freemont Replica Squirrel Bridge.
• Held a public hearing regarding allocation of 2018 HOME and Document Recording Fee grants and allocated funds as follows:
o $80,000: Community House on Broadway; rent subsidies.
o $88,745: Housing Opportunities of SW Washington; new multifamily housing.
o $11,000: Emergency Support Shelter; shelter and advocacy services
o $3,000: Housing Opportunities of SW Washington and Janus Youth Services; services and housing for homeless youth
o $12,354: Community House on Broadway; Operational support
o $3,000: Habitat for Humanity; new and rehabilitated housing
o Approved Lower Columbia Community Action Program as the recipient of Consortium Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) funds
o $161,909; Lower Columbia Community Action Program CHDO; development of affordable housing for low income households
• Held a public hearing regarding allocation of 2018 Community Development Block Grant funds and allocated funding as follows:
o $16,000: Community House on Broadway; tenant based rental housing program administration
o $37,680: Lower Columbia Community Action Program; housing rehabilitation
o $150,000: Community House on Broadway; commercial rehabilitation for non-profit social service center
o $20,000: Help Warehouse; pilot gleaning program and fresh produce supplemental program
o $27,000: Longview Super Summers; affordable child care
o $15,688: City of Longview; Longview-Kelso Consolidated Housing Plan update for 2019-2023
• Approved Resolution No. 2269 declaring the intent to form a Beech Street Local Improvement District and set a public hearing for the city council meeting on July 12 to consider formation of the LID.
• Set a public hearing for the city council meeting on July 12 to consider the 2019-2024 Six Year Transportation Improvement Program.
• Approved an engineering contract in the amount of $128,334 with Kittelson & Associates for Phase 1 of the design for improvements at the SR 432 and California Way intersection.
• Approved the 2018 Longview City Council Advance Report.
• Approved Resolution No. 2267 declaring certain equipment surplus to the needs of the City and authorizing their sale, trade in, or disposal.
• Set a public hearing for the city council meeting on July 12 to consider annexation of two properties on Ocean Beach Highway at 50th Ave.
• Awarded a contract in the amount of $49,936 to CivicPlus to develop a new City of Longview web site to meet ADA accessibility, be viewable on mobile devices, and modernize the appearance of the web site.
• Delegated Councilor Wallis and City Manager Sacha as Longview’s voting delegates for the Association of Washington Cities conference to be held the last week of June.