April 26 City Council Meeting in brief
• Adopted Ordinance No. 3380 vacating a 12.5-foot wide section of alley behind the parcel at 904 12th Avenue.
• Approved Resolution No. 2264 accepting the Longview Public Development Authority’s 2017 annual report.
• Approved Resolution No. 2266 setting a public hearing for the May 24 city council meeting to consider vacating three sections of excess right of way abutting Cowlitz County property near 7th Avenue and the Expo Center.
• Approved an engineering services contract with RH2 Engineering for redesign and recovery of the supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA) for water, sewer, and stormwater facilities.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 3379 repealing LMC Chapter 5.81 and creating a new LMC Chapter 5.82 regulating taxis and transportation network companies (e.g. Uber and Lyft).
• Approved Resolution No. 2263 adopting guidelines and requirements for proclamations brought before the city council.
• Approved Resolution No. 2265 adjusting the income threshold for low-income eligibility for utility rate reductions.
• Accepted a proposed annexation of one parcel on Ocean Beach Highway near 50th Avenue; added one abutting parcel to the proposed annexation area; submitted the request to the planning commission for a zoning recommendation; required the annexed property assume existing indebtedness; and directed staff to prepare the petition to be circulated by the property owner.
• Concurred with the city manager’s appointment of Steven Dahl to the appeal board of adjustment.