A message from Longview Fire Department about burn bans
We have been getting a lot of questions concerning burn bans and recreational fires. There is currently NO ban on recreational fires in the City of Longview. For a reminder this is what is considered a recreational fire:
1. Are to be located in an approved pit/appliance
2. 3 feet max diameter is size...
3. Be located 25’ away from combustibles
4. Burn only firewood (no garbage)
5. Be attended at all times.
6. Have a method of extinguishment nearby
7. Not create a nuisance from smoke or smell
Due to the current air quality Southwest Clean Air Agency may decide to also ban recreational fires until it improves, but at this time they have not.