• Held a public hearing regarding allocation of 2017 Community Development Block Grant funds and selected the following recipients:
o Longview Parks Department: Archie Anderson Park Playground Replacement - $90,000
o Longview Parks Department: Ralph Kellogg Park Playground Replacement - $18,482
o Habitat for Humanity: Hope for the Highlands - $80,000
o Lower Columbia CAP: Help Warehouse - $10,000
o Community House on Broadway: Tennant Based Rental Assistance - $8,000
o Longview Parks/Youth & Family Link/YMCA: Super Summer Child Care in the Highlands - $24,655
o Longview Parks Department: Archie Anderson Park Master Plan Update - $10,000
o Neighborhood Resource Coordination Council/Highlands Neighborhood Association/Habitat for Humanity: Highlands Revitalization Plan 10-Year Update - $20,000
• Held a public hearing regarding allocation of 2017 HOME Investment Program and Document Recording Fee funds and selected the following recipients:
o Foundation for the Challenged: HOMES XI Home Rehabilitation - $55,000
o Emergency Support Shelter: Domestic Violence Shelter Program - $10,000
o Community House on Broadway: Operation Funding - $10,620
o Habitat for Humanity: Neighborhood Revitalization - $73,435
o Housing Opportunities of SW WA/Janus Youth Services: Youth Outreach Center Operations - $10,000
• Directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance updating Longview’s stormwater and development codes with revisions necessary to comply with the City’s NPDES Municipal Stormwater Permit.
• Approved Resolution No. 2223 establishing an Accessibility Advisory Committee to assist with development and implementation of the City’s ADA Transition Plan and comply with the American with Disabilities Act.
• Designated Mike Wallin, Ken Botero, and David Campbell as Longview’s voting delegates for the Association of Washington Cities business meeting.
• Awarded a contract in the amount of $3,510,721.54 to Tapani Inc. for construction of Hillcrest (City) and Hillside (BHWSD) water booster pump stations and related improvements at the Main Reservoir.
• Accepted as complete the grant-funded School Zone Safety project.
• Approved Resolution No. 2224 authorizing an interlocal agreement with the Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Council of Governments, Cowlitz Transit Authority, and Washington State Department of Transportation regarding transportation planning in the Metropolitan Planning Area.
• Awarded a contract in the amount of $58,734 to Allied Body Works for fabrication and installation of 5/7 yard dump boxes on two new dump truck chassis purchased for the Stormwater Utility.
• Rejected the bid from Clark and Sons Excavating as non-responsive for failure to meet apprenticeship program requirements, and awarded a contract in the amount of $540,137.87 to construct the Dover/Fir, 28th/30th Sewer Main Replacement project.
• Conducted the first reading of Ordinance No. 3347 to amend the budget to transfer $400,000 from the General Fund to the Building Replacement Fund. Final action will be considered at the June 22 city council meeting.
• Authorized a food and beverage concession agreement with Big Kahuna Shave Ice to operate at Lake Sacajawea.
• Received the 2016 annual report for Longview Public Library.