April13 Council Meeting in brief
• Presented certificates of appreciation to board and commission volunteers whose terms expired in 2016.
• Issued a proclamation for Earth Day – April 15, 2017.
• Issued a proclamation for National Crime Victims’ Rights Week, April 2 – 8, 2017; and Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3344 amending the LMC to designate leased land downtown as a temporary parking lot during construction of the Downtown Corridor Improvements Phase 3 project.
• Approved Resolution No. 2213 accepting the Longview Public Development Authority’s 2016 Annual Report to the City.
• Approved Resolution No. 2214 authorizing the City to utilize tax-exempt financing for reimbursement of prior expenditures.
• Approved Resolution No. 2215 updating the City’s right of way acquisition and relocation assistance procedures for public works projects.
• Approved Resolution No. 2216 ratifying the city manager’s declaration of an emergency for Hemlock Street and Hudson Street sewer repairs.
• Directed staff to work with the city council and planning commission to schedule a joint meeting by July 13, and to prepare a draft ordinance for planning commission and council consideration, to encourage multifamily housing development in Longview.
• Approved Resolution No. 2217 authorizing an interlocal agreement with Cowlitz County to provide services and materials.
• Accepted as complete the Stormwater Shop Heaters and Electrical Upgrades project.
• Approved a temporary lease with the Cowlitz PUD to use a portion of the Fishers Lane Water Treatment Plant property as a construction staging area during reconstruction of the PUD substation on Fishers Lane.
• Authorized terminating two interlocal agreements with Cowlitz County for the City to provide information technology services to the County.
• Received the Longview Fire Department 2016 Annual Report.