The Building Division regulates building and use of structures for public safety through the application of adopted codes and ordinances including plan review and inspections.
The Building Division consists of the following staff:
- A Building Official who manages the Building Division.
- A Commercial Building Inspector who reviews the plans and inspects all commercial and industrial projects.
- A Residential Building Inspector who reviews the plans and inspects all residential projects.
- An Electrical Inspector who reviews electrical plans, if required, and all projects, commercial, industrial, and residential.
- A Permit Coordinator who receives all projects at the front counter and routes it to the appropriate staff. This person is also responsible for calculating final costs and notifying the applicant once the project is ready.