October 11 City Council Meeting in brief
• Issued a proclamation for Domestic Violence Awareness Month – October 2018
• Issued a proclamation for the Longview-Wako Sister City Friendship 2018
• Presented the City of Longview Parks and Recreation Community Advocate Award to Erika Quiroz, Cary Bellows, and Juice Quiroz of the organization Radical Love.
• Approved Resolution No. 2278 ratifying the city manager’s October 2 proclamation declaring a state of civil emergency due to conditions that threaten to result in the destruction of or damage to property.
• Voted to oppose Proposition No 1631 on the November ballot that would impose a carbon tax in the state of Washington.
• Allocated the remaining $17,000 of Neighborhood Park Grant funds to the Harlie’s Hoops project to install a basketball court near the Elks Memorial Building at Lake Sacajawea Park.
• Certified as complete the Columbia Heights Road Slide Repair Project.
• Approved a new collective bargaining agreement with the Longview Police Guild for 2019 through 2021.