August 23, City Council meeting in brief
• Issued a proclamation for Kiwanis Children’s Cancer Cure Month – September 2018
• Accepted as complete the Nichols Water Line Replacement project.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 3387 expanding the prohibition of animals at Lake Sacajawea during the Go Fourth Festival from only July 4 to include July 2, 3, and 4.
• Approved Resolution No. 2274 authorizing an interlocal cooperative purchasing agreement for purchasing renewable diesel fuel.
• Approved the sale of 4,200 square feet of City Shop property on Oregon Way for $16,500 to resolve a long-standing encroachment by the Columbia Mobile Home Park.
• Approved acquiring the Beacon Hill Water and Sewer District’s 15% ownership share of the decommissioned Fishers Lane water treatment plant for $10.
• Approved Resolution No. 2276 authorizing an interlocal agreement with Consolidated Diking Improvement District No. 1 to share equally the cost of constructing a debris screen on the Cutoff Slough culverts at 36th Avenue.