January 11 City Council meeting in brief
• Judge Marilyn Haan administered the oath of office to newly elected councilmember MaryAlice Wallis and re-elected councilmembers Steve Moon and Chet Makinster.
• The council selected Don Jensen to serve as Mayor, and Mike Wallin to serve as Mayor Pro Tem, for the next two years.
• Presented a Parks and Recreation Department Community Advocate Award to Rhonda Goldsmith.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3369 adopting revisions to the residential zoning code.
• Approved Resolution No. 2254 authorizing an amendment to the interlocal agreement with the Cowlitz County Public Facilities District to provide for additional improvements to the Columbia Theatre.
• Approved Resolution No. 2255 ratifying the city manager’s declaration of an emergency to address the 38th Ave slide that occurred on December 29, 2017.
• Accepted as complete the Washington Way Bridge Replacement project.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 3370 amending the zoning code to allow gambling establishments in association with a restaurant/cocktail lounge in the Riverfront District.
• Authorized an amendment to the lease between the City and the Cowlitz County Public Facilities District regarding the Columbia Theatre.