July 27 City Council Meeting in brief
• Received an introduction to Sean Kelly, Assistant City Attorney, the new attorney hired as authorized by the city council to handle increased workload in the legal department.
• Awarded a contract in the amount of $225,604.70 to Trademark Builders for the Mint Valley Racquet Complex Siding Replacement Project.
• Awarded a contract in the amount of $143,680.00 to P.C.R. Inc. for the Columbia Heights Road Slide Repair Project
• Awarded a contract in the amount of $824,575.00 to Lakeside Industries for the 15th Avenue Overlay Project.
• Accepted as complete the Lake Sacajawea Flushing Facilities Upgrade Project.
• Approved the Professional, Technical, and Administrative salary survey results and implementation plan.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3354 amending on-street parking regulations in the 1300 block of Florida Street.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3355 establishing the Longview Transportation Benefit District Fund to account for transportation benefit district revenue and expenses.
• Authorized a preformation agreement with WRSCO, Inc. for the proposed Beech Street local improvement district.
• Authorized a professional services agreement in the amount of $68,500 with Valbridge Property Advisors to conduct a special benefit assessment study for the proposed Beech Street local improvement district.
• Directed the city attorney to prepare a resolution to adopt a policy on memorials in the public right of way.
• Scheduled a workshop for August 10 at 6:00 pm to discuss the City’s apprentice utilization requirements for construction contracts.
• Directed staff to explore amending the City’s E-Verify policy to allow Transportation Worker Identification Credentials to substitute for the E-Verify requirement at the contractor’s discretion.
• Authorized $30,000 to purchase and install an exterior electronic message board at City Hall.
• Directed the city attorney to prepare a resolution establishing a $25 per unit charge for processing and delivering disconnect notices to multi-family residential complexes.