January 14 City Council meeting in brief
• Accepted the recommendation of the Planning Commission and directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance amending the LMC to allow farmer’s markets at churches, schools, parks, and certain residential property.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 3337 amending the LMC to provide for severe weather shelters.
• Approved Resolution No. 2202 adopting the Neighborhood Park Grant Policy and Procedures.
• Gave direction to staff regarding further planning for the city council’s Citizens Summit tentatively planned for February.
• Set the January 26 city council meeting as the date and time for a public hearing to consider amending the current 2017 – 2022 Six Year Transportation Improvement Program.
• Discussed complaints about a private memorial established on Pacific Way after the death of a motorist at that location and directed staff to prepare a draft policy addressing these situations.
• Rejected a proposed transition agreement with American Traffic Solutions to close out the photo enforcement program by processing citations issued in the final months of active camera use.
• Adopted the City Council’s 2017 federal legislative agenda.